Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Baby Print Halter Top - Advance 6394

This was my little project over the Labor Day weekend. I picked up a yard of this super cute pink baby fabric at a thrift store. I decided to make this vintage tank top as I had just enough material for the project.


I added some white piping around the neckline and back halter for some added fun to the fabric. The top is fully lined with a white cotton, and this pattern is meant to be so clean inside and out, I really think this could be a great little reversible top.



I added some 1/4" covered boning to the sides to add a cleaner shape and added support.







Lastly, this pattern calls for three bound buttonholes ONLY. I imagine this is to match the coordinating pattern skirt and shorts. Since I wasn't going to make those pieces at the present time, I had to add two more buttonholes. Due to time constraints, I decided against the bound buttonhole option for just standard buttonholes instead.



As pictured above, the pattern size I had was a 16 (Bust 34). The finished measurements were Bust 36" and Waist 31" with length from shoulder 21", from underarm 13.5". You can now find it for sale in my shop!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I need the Advance 6394 in size 16. Can you sell it to me. (571) 623-5565 or
    Evelyngarciafrye@gmail.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete